Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join
News & Press: Field Meet News

Oklahoma Permit Requirements

Wednesday, June 01, 2016   (0 Comments)
Share |



Elk City, Oklahoma, November 13th (Sunday) through 19th (Saturday) 2016


--Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation Hunting Licenses and Related--


Hunting Licenses


  A. Hunting licenses can be purchased ahead of time online or when you arrive in Oklahoma from any sporting goods or outdoors store.


·         Online License purchases Oklahoma Department of Wildlife conservation (OWDC):


·         List of Online Licenses Available:


  B. Oklahoma offers two hunting license options, depending on the length of your stay.


1.      Non-resident 5-Day Small Game License:  $70.00

A five-day nonresident hunting license to hunt game other than deer or turkey. Legal for 5 consecutive days.


2.      Non-resident Annual Small Game License: $137.00

Annual hunting license for non-residents hunting game other than deer or turkey.


  C. Waterfowl Stamps:


1.      Oklahoma Waterfowl License (State waterfowl stamp):  $10.00. Obtain by contacting the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife at or any sporting goods, or outdoors store.


2.      Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp (Federal duck stamp).

Required for all waterfowl hunters 16 years of age or older; available at U.S. Post Offices, other hunting license outlets or The stamp must be signed across its face, by the person using it.




Oklahoma allows properly licensed non-resident falconers to trap listed legal raptors.


  • Non-resident 10-day Falconry License:  $25.00. A non-resident falconry license may be obtained by contacting , Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Becky Rouner, Administrative Assistant, Phone: (405)-521-4660,


  • Processing time for non-resident falconry licenses is a minimum of 30 days.


Additional Requirements


  • Oklahoma Harvest Information Program (HIP) Certification: Free, when obtained on-line at the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Website or $3.00, if purchased anywhere but online. This certification is required to hunt any migratory game bird, such as dove, ducks, geese, sandhill cranes, woodcock, rails, gallinules, and snipe, and is required regardless if you have one from your home state.


  • All licensed hunters are required to wear either a head covering or outer garment of Hunter Orange during open gun deer season November 11, 12, 13, and 19, and thereafter, unless you are hunting waterfowl. For safety reasons, ODWC encourages, but does not require, anyone else in the field to wear a hunter orange vest or hat.


Health/Import Certificates


Oklahoma requires no import permit or health certificate; however, be mindful of states you may traverse and their rules and regulations when traveling to Oklahoma.


Hunter Education


Every hunter (including out-of-state hunters) born on or after September 2, 1971, must have successfully completed an approved Hunter Education Training Course and be prepared to present evidence of same upon application for appropriate licenses. Exceptions for Apprentice-Designated License: See


Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Contacts




  • ODWC Falconry Coordinator at NAFA Meet: Rod Smith, Office Phone: (580) 529-2795, Mobile Phone: 580-695-5808,, and Becky Rouner, Administrative Assistant, Phone: (405) 521-4660,


  • Game Warden: Beckham County, Elk City, Oklahoma:  Harry Steele, Phone (580) 799-3950

more Calendar

NAFA Board Meeting - November 2016

Featured Members

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal